Ernest Hemingway demonstrated that when it comes to engaging readers, quality is more important than quantity. A recent article from the American Marketing Association made the case that the same principle applies to social engagement.
Here are some of the highlights from AMA’s thought-provoking report:
- Instagram is the current champ of social media, with a social engagement rate that’s eight times that of its competitors. Despite photo and video engagement declining in 2015, the number of brands posting content increased.
- Engagement for blog posts held steady as blogs per brand decreased, demonstrating the need to strategically target social media platforms.
- In total social media numbers for 2015, content creation went up 35% per channel even as engagement went down by 17%.
- Simply churning out content is no longer enough to capture viewer engagement. The challenge today is to create content compelling enough to keep readers involved and active.
- What’s behind this shift? The monetization of social network platforms and growth of mobile content consumption, which nearly tripled over the last four years.
Contact us to learn more about creating engaging social media content for your telecom, IT, or cloud company.