Your marketing efforts may be well thought out and tailored, but what if we told you that you could be inadvertently setting yourself up for failure?
Read on for a quick look at the five easiest ways to ruin your marketing campaign.
1. There Is No Execution: Your campaign can’t take flight if someone on your team (or outside your team) isn’t giving it wings. Execution of a decent campaign is better than an excellent plan that doesn’t come to fruition. See your efforts through to the finish.
2. There Is a Bottleneck: If you’re a startup or small venture, there are a few people wearing a ton of hats. While this comes with the territory of running a new business, it can hold up progress if left untreated. Make sure decisions are made clearly and delegate responsibilities.
3. Information Overload: If you are stuck in a market research loop and constantly having team meetings to “come up with a campaign,” stop. There are too many tools and resources available that tell you what to say and how to look when it comes to marketing. Don’t get stuck in that trap; it’s time to go on an information diet. Set a deadline for your campaign to start and stick to it.
4. The Bar Is Too High: There are ways to track the return on your marketing dollars, but it may not be good to have a preconceived dollar amount in your head. This is especially true if this is your first marketing campaign. Direct sales are a great benefit of good marketing, but brand awareness, lead generation, and other benefits are also incredibly valuable.
5. You Understand Your Business Too Well: Trust us, it’s possible. If you believe you know all there is to know about your business, you can pass up an opportunity to work with people who might take your efforts to the next level. Your products and services are valuable and unique, but sometimes it takes an outside voice to recognize exactly how the public needs to hear about you.
If you’re guilty of one (or more) of these, it’s ok. Mojo can help you overcome anything that stands in the way of a great campaign. Get in touch with us today to start the conversation.