Founded in 2006, Twitter has become one of the most popular social media networks worldwide. Thanks to its unique format, it’s also a creative challenge for IT, telecom, and cloud marketers looking to reach new prospects and increase brand awareness.
Why is Twitter so hard to master for B2B marketing? It all comes down to these two things:
- Twitter messages are very short. Posts have a maximum length of 140 characters, so you need to be succinct and clear with your messaging.
- Twitter’s feed moves very quickly. With an average of 6,000 Tweets sent per second, your content needs to stand out from the rest.
More Results In 30 Days
One of our clients recently contacted us to supercharge their current Twitter results. Though they value traffic to their website, they were especially interested in increasing immediate followers and getting their brand in front of new prospects.
We put together a plan that would increase their Twitter activity by tenfold and take advantage of strategic posting days and times. After our first month of Twitter optimization, our client saw big results:
- Immediate followers grew by 22% and the total impressions grew by 175%.
- In the previous month, the client saw 0 retweets; after this test period, they totaled 74.
- Overall, the engagement rate grew by 267%. In particular, the client saw a 480% increase in link clicks.
- As a result of the higher link click rate, the client saw a 445% increase in Twitter-referred web traffic!
We’re looking forward to tinkering with this strategy and seeing what future months of testing on Twitter will yield. Twitter has recently changed the way it handles photos and links, too, making it even easier to get your message to your targets in this space. It’s an exciting time to market your IT, telecom, or cloud business on Twitter!