If you’re still stuck in your old-timey “desktop ways” of email marketing, web marketing and social media, allow me to gently smack you in the face with the following information:
According to ComScore,
- Mobile platforms account for 60% of total digital media time spent, a shocking increase of 50% from one year ago.
- At 51%, mobile apps accounted for more than half of all digital media time spent in May.
- In Q2, sharing from smartphones and tablets grew more than 30%, while sharing from the desktop declined 5%.
Here are just a few snapshots of some information put together by ShareThis. For the whole enchilada, go here.
What’s the meaning behind these beautiful infographics?
- Time to think (or re-think) ALL your mobile strategies.
- Make sure ALL your content is mobile-friendly. This includes your website, emails, social media postings, etc.
- Test, measure, and adjust. Some strategies work better on mobile than on desktop platforms and vice versa. Accurately testing and measuring will help you refine your tactics accordingly.
For the full report (and lots more pretty pictures), visit this page.